Here are the rules of the Bloggy Tag Game:
1. Post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that they have been tagged.
Okay, here we go! This is a lonng post but I have a good freebie for you at the end! :)
- Like any teacher, I love Post-It Notes!
- I take a spinning class and a step class at the Y every week.
- My dog does not listen to me at all. I failed in "classroom management" when it came to training him...
- I hate snow but love snow days! I have a sign on my front door that reads "Please Snow, I'm a Teacher."
- I'm terrified to leave my Crock Pot turned on while I'm at work. I know that is what they are for, but I can't get over the fear that it will somehow catch on fire, haha!
- My favorite TV shows are Modern Family and Dance Moms
- My car is always a mess! My backseat looks like "cheerleading central" with bows and pom poms galore.
- I have a bad habit of over-analyzing everything.
- I could teach reading and writing all day long! They are my favorite subjects to teach, plan, and create things for.
- I finished the trilogy of the Hunger Games books last month - SO, SO good!!
- My favorite children's book is Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell.
- I'm going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for my honeymoon. I have never been out of the country! :)
Since three people tagged me, I'm going to answer four questions from each of them so that this post doesn't turn into a novel.
Are you addicted to Pinterest?
Yes! I'm addicted to looking for wedding pictures and classroom ideas! Love whoever created this! :)
What is your favorite teaching moment?
Last year, I taught a little girl whose home story touched my heart. She needed daily structure and routine, and by giving her this at school, I was able to see such amazing growth in this child. It made me a better teacher and a better person. She became a student I will always remember throughout my career! :)
What is your favorite teaching book?
My favorite teaching book is the Daily 5 and Cafe books!
If you weren't a teacher... What other career would you pursue?
If I wasn't a teacher, I would be a children's dance instructor. I took dance classes all my life and was on dance team in high school and in college.
Do you have any children? How Many?
No children! Just a dog, Weston. But he is spoiled rotten!
Harry Potter or Twilight?
Are you usually late, early, or right on time?
I'm early or right on time for school and work. I'm usually late to social events!
Who is a person you admire? Why?
My mom. She is always encouraging, supporting, and such a strong woman.
What place in the world would you like most to visit?
Where did you go to college?
I went to Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. I absolutely loved it there!
What is your favorite grade to teach?
I am thoroughly enjoying second grade but I truly loved teaching first grade! There is an incredible amount of growth that occurs in reading during first grade and it is very rewarding to teach!
What is one thing in your classroom you feel you couldn't live without?
My paper sorter. I have a wooden "divider" shelf behind my desk that I use to organize all my papers by subject for the entire week. It even has dividers for "To be copied" "To be filed" and extra spots!
What is your favorite part of blogging?
It is truly like a self-initiated professional development program! I have learned so much, gained so many great ideas, and obtained so many great resources to use in my classroom.
- Ms. Patterson, Pocket Full of Kinders
- Hope, Second Grade Shenanigans
- Keri, Teach Play Smile
- Christina, Mrs. Bainbridge's Class
- Misty, 3rd Grade's a Hoot
- Tanya, A Class Act
- Jenna, 1st Grade With Miss Snowden
- Halle and Jenna, Across the Hall in Second Grade
- Mrs. Harris, Adventures of Room 129
- Becky, 2nd Grade Rocks!
- Lisa, Live, Laugh, and Love to Learn
- Mrs. Durning, Mrs. Durning's Fairytale
Here are my questions for all of my friends I just tagged! :)
1. What is your favorite item in your classroom?
2. What was one thing you've learned since your first year of teaching?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
4. Do you have a pet peeve?
5. When do you teach reading? Morning or Afternoon?
6. What is the first thing your students do when they arrive in the morning?
7. What is your favorite unit that you teach?
8. If you could have any piece of technology in your classroom, what would it be?
9. Where were you born?
10. How often do you switch seats/desks in your classroom throughout the year?
11. Name an intervention program that you use in your school.
12. Describe a memorable moment you have had during your teaching career.
And now because you reached the bottom of this crazy-long post, I have a math freebie to share with you!! :) I'm working on a Winter Math Games Pack and this is a Math By Myself game that students can play as they count by 3's. Hope you enjoy!